Popular due to this versatility, our design team will help you choose from the customisation options available for an end result of beautiful shutters, with their own unique style.
Tracked shutters, measured, made and fitted
Covering the entire frame, allowing for complete darkness and privacy. Whilst they’re a great solution for patio doors or floor to ceiling windows, they’re not limited to use in traditional ways; we’ve successfully installed them as room dividers, wardrobe doors and even for separating en-suite bathrooms.
The by-pass system allows each panel to slide past the other effortlessly for a hassle-free experience when opening and closing your shutters, whilst the by-fold system can be completely folded out of the way, great for allowing in the maximum amount of natural light or completely opening up a room.
- Openings of 2m or longer
- Large / open plan room dividers
- Patio doors
- Wardrobe doors
- Bi-fold or By-pass track systems
- Smooth sliding system
- Optional 180 bi-fold
- Optional free-floating panel
Get a quick quote
For an idea of how much your shutters might cost...
Customise your shutters
Choose from a wide range of options to create the perfect look...
We have six different material options for our shutter range.
From MDF and hardwood, through to water resistant ABS, our team will help you choose the best option to suit your space.
There are a variety of finishes available for your shutters.
The selection includes beautiful paints, stains and varnishes in a range of colours. Custom colours are also an option.
The choice of louvre is essential to creating the perfect look.
Our experts will help you choose the right size for your shutters, depending on your style and the depth of the shutter frame.
After being expertly measured and made, our tracked plantation shutters are hinged to a fixed frame during installation for sturdiness.
Full height shutters can often be mistaken for not being so versatile but this is actually not true. With the option of manufacturing your shutters with a mid rail for no extra fee, full height shutters will then allow you to manoeuvre slats separately top and bottom.
This means you can open the top section of louvres to allow light whilst tilting the bottom section of louvres to shade or provide you with privacy when needed.
All of our shutters are hinged to a frame and this style is no different. This also means that the shutters can easily be folded back revealing the whole of your window behind whilst allowing maximum light and ventilation.
Energy saving benefits
Because they fully cover the whole window with timber, full height shutters are one of the most efficient styles available, and could help reduce energy bills during colder months.
Installation and fitting
The whole process, from consultation to installation, takes between 6-10 weeks – you can find out more detail here.
Caring for your shutters
Both lamb’s wool and ostrich feather dusters can be used to clean all types of shutter materials including MDF, faux wood and hardwood. Their softness ensures that the finish isn’t damaged during cleaning and they can easily get into harder to reach areas.
Sunburst Shutters recommend the following steps when cleaning your full height shutters:
- To clean, tilt the slats downwards and dust off the surface in the same direction. Do this on one side, before reversing the slats to dust the opposite side.
- Make sure you dust your shutters before using a damp cloth to wipe the slats. This will help prevent any debris or other particles from sticking to your shutters.
- Whilst dusting, be sure to vacuum or sweep away any debris to ensure it doesn’t float back on to the shutters
- Using a dry, clean cloth, gently rub down the entire shutter and frame, before using a damp cloth (warm water) to again wipe over all visible surfaces.
- Do not use cleaning solutions on your shutters. They can potentially damage the finish and/or the materials your shutters are made from.
- Do not spray directly onto the shutters themselves.
- Once complete, wipe over any damp surfaces with another dry, clean cloth. To avoid leaving marks or stains, never allow liquid to dry on the surface of your shutters.
Speak to one of our team
Arrange a free home consultation today...
Speak to one of our shutter experts today and arrange a full quote and your free home consultation.